This page explains the terms and conditions for using our ON-LINE-Banking Service and provides certain disclosures and information to you concerning the service. Each of your accounts at Shelter Insurance Federal Credit Union is also governed by the applicable account disclosure/agreement and Truth In Savings disclosure you received when you opened your account.
How To Access Your Accounts:
To access your accounts through our On-Line-Banking service, you must have your account number and an On-Line Banking password. This information is requested when you enter our On-Line-Banking pages.
The password that is used to gain access to your information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN numbers and security codes confidential. For your protection we recommend that you change your On-Line Banking access password regularly. It is recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, notify Shelter Credit Union at once.
There is currently no fee for accessing your account(s) through our On-Line Banking service. We reserve the right to impose / change the fee amount, if necessary, after providing 30 days notice to all users at the On-Line Banking login page and/or e-mail address.
Available Services and Limitations: The following functions may be performed by members through the service:
- Transfers: You may transfer funds between your Share, Checking or Loan Accounts as the account agreements may allow. Transfers done through the service will show up immediately.
- Account Balances: You may view your share, checking and loan account balances. it is possible that some transactions that affect these balances, have not yet been processed by the credit union and are not yet included in the balance at the time you view it. In addition, there may be drafts written against your balance, or other electronic items such as debit card transactions, that have not yet been presented to the credit union for payment.
- Transaction history: You may view the transaction history for any loan checking account or share account. HOWEVER, the On-Line Banking system does NOT update Debit Cards. This process is still updated three to four times daily by our processor.
- Password Changes: If you are an On-Line-Banking user, you may change your password at any time from within the On-Line Banking section. For your protection we recommend that you change your On-Line-Banking password regularly.
- Check search: You may search for drafts that have cleared your account. You may also list clearings by date cleared or by check number. The oldest check available will vary but dates will go back, at a minimum, to your last regular statement date.
- Additional Services: From time to time, we will announce additional services which are available through our E-Banking. Your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced. We reserve the right to limit access or cancel on-line access at any time.
Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
Operating Systems and Security:
Our On-Line Banking site is designed to operate using world wide web technologies and protocols which are adaptable to a wide range of systems. The On-Line-Banking section uses SSL encryption and requires a browser with a current (unexpired) Thawte Root CA Security Certificate. Some older browsers may not be able to connect to the site without first updating the browser security certificate. Our server uses 40 to 128 bit encryption, depending on the user’s browser.
Our On-Line Banking database is a private system operated for the exclusive use of our members. We use SSL encryption and digital server authentication to insure the privacy of your information when sending data between our E-Banking server and your PC.
All On-Line Banking logins are logged by the server. For authenticated members who use On-Line-Banking , we collect and store certain information such as how often you visit the On-Line-Banking section, dates and times of visits and which pages are being used. We use this information for internal review and product evaluation only. We never sell, transfer or trade this information unless we are compelled to do so by law.
We may gather and store additional information available to us on failed login attempts and other activity we consider a threat to our system. In these cases, we will share this information with other companies, agencies and law enforcement officials as we determine necessary or as we are required by law.
Liability for Unauthorized Transfers:
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen and immediately change your password from within the On-Line Banking section. Calling is the best way to notify us immediately. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission,
Shelter Insurance Federal Credit Union
1817 West Broadway
Columbia MO 65218
All transactions generated by you through our On-Line Banking service and any On-Line Banking fees will appear on your monthly or quarterly statement.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement/disclosure with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the On-Line Banking equipment or software was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer; If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or power failure) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
We shall not be responsible for any other loss, damage or injury whether caused by the equipment, software and/or the On-Line Banking service, nor shall we be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of your equipment, software and/or service, except where the law requires a different standard. We do not make any warranties concerning the equipment, the software or any part thereof, including, without limitations, any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or warranties of merchantability.
Errors and Questions:
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, telephone us at (573-214-4207) or write us at 1817 West Broadway, Columbia, MO 65218 as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you learn of the error. You will need to tell us:
- Your name and account number
- Why you believe there is an error and the dollar amount involved
- Approximately when the error took place.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days and correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate the complaint, but you will have the use of the funds in question after the ten (10) business days. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account during the investigation.
We will notify you with the results within three (3) business days of completing our investigation. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may request copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
If you need more information about our error resolution procedures, call us at the telephone number shown above.